I SEE YOU LIKE THIS at the Westwind Festival, Cologne
In May 2018, Jessica undertook a residency in Cologne at the Comedia Theater. Across a 2 week period she worked in a number of contexts to find these fantastic portraits. The project took the team into private homes, youth centres, a hairdresser, a rainy plaza and the theatre itself, each experimenting with different aesthetic modes for the portraits. Featured here are an Iraqi mother and father, a Syrian parents, theatre parents, parents found outside a school and kinder and general public lured off the street to participate!
Thanks to all the brave parents, creative children and to the most wonderful community of artists at Comedia Theater.
THE COLOGNE TEAM:
- Photography by Christopher Horne and Marvin Ruppert,
- Sarah Wagner as producer,
- Marzia Fluck as community wrangler,
- Maurice Dominic Angres and Svea Kirschmeirer as collaborators and,
- Jutta Staerk as presenter.
This project was assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.